Please read the previous post (part 1):
HUS is a disorder that characterized by acute renal failure and thrombocytopenia syndrome.
There are some points from CDC that I can keep in my mind to prevent from E. coli bacteria:
- An internal temperature to cook ground beef is 160˚F
- Avoid to eat raw or under-cooked ground beef
- After cook ground beef do not forget to refrigerate within 2 hours, then can be used within 3 to 4 days
- Wash hand with soapy water after touching ground beef
- Clean utensil, counter-top, and cutting board thoroughly with soap and hot water or using bleach solution.
The most important is never eat recalled ground beef.
I am not going to take a risk.
It will be awful to have diarrhea and stomach cramps that cause me back and forth to toilet or restroom.
This infection also leads to hemolytic uremic syndrome which is so painful. I just avoid the ground beef in a while.
So my spaghetti have no sauce today.
It turned into spaghetti with shrimps, and I added some asparagus, lemon juice, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese.