Like other part of USA, our city was hit by snow storm last Monday, 15 February 2021.
As one of cities in the southern state, Baton Rouge and many of my neighbors never experienced of:
- lower temperature of C minus 9 (-9 C) or equal to F 16 degree
- long freezing temperature almost one week, especially at night.
- ice rain
Current snow storm is the same with other storms in many case, but, since its contain snow, had specific negative impacts to our state and neighborhood.
Some of negative impacts:
- sleet has covered the entire street in several places
- debris everywhere
- trunks hit electric wires and poles
- thousands have no lights
- some of my neighbors have no water.
After long freezing temperature, today, Sunday, 21 February 2021, the temperature was a quite warmer.
Temperature reached +15 C (F 59) degree. This is should be temperature in the normal Spring season.
Since temperature getting warmer and warmer, our neighbors start to clean up their own streets (in front of their houses) by:
- moving or blowing debris in the middle of street to the side of street.
- if debris are trees (trunks), must be cut into 6 feet lengths, and stack to the side of roads.
- trash and white goods must be separated.
In addition, residents who have old, poor condition and weaken trees should do the delimb or cut down the trees.
Hope, our neighborhood well prepare for future accidents due to future storms or hurricanes.